ST. MEL CELEBRATING MASSES ONLINE
The Archdiocese of Los Angeles has announced the suspension of Masses amid the current health threat due to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus).
At St. Mel, we are celebrating Masses online at vimeo.com/stmel. The Sunday Mass will be available beginning at 5:30 p.m. Saturday and the daily Mass will begin each Monday through Saturday at 8:15 a.m. You may view a replay of any Mass at vimeo.com/showcase/stmel.
During these uniquely challenging times, we also are offering St. Mel Moments – a brief daily opportunity to step away from the stress and the fear – to step back, breathe and ground ourselves in faith. St. Mel Moments can be found at https://vimeo.com/showcase/stmel as well as our Instagram and Facebook feeds.
PALM SUNDAY BLOOD DRIVE
We will be hosting a Blood Donation Drive in O’Connor Center on Sunday, April 5 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Click HERE to register.
What steps will be taken to reduce transmission of COVID-19?
· We are encouraging appointments to reduce crowding.
· Appointments are limited to reduce waiting.
· Walk-ins will be accommodated only if space allows. Otherwise, we will take the persons contact information and call them when/if a space opens up.
· We are changing our set up to meet social distancing requirements.
· Vitalant staff follow rigorous safety and disinfection protocols at blood drives and donation centers.
· We are taking temperatures upon entry of the donation center/blood drive.
· Donors are asked to self-defer if they traveled to a country with sustained wide spread in the past four weeks. The attached is posted on our “front door” for all collections sites.
What the public needs to know:
· Giving blood is essential and you are allowed to leave your home to do so. Blood is essential and donors are essential.
· Blood is perishable and precious. There is no substitute. We need donors ongoing.
· Appointments are encouraged.
· We are not a testing center.
· Donors need to be in general good health – no flu or cold like symptoms.
· Giving blood has no impact on the donor’s immune system.
Clergy and Staff
How can we help you?
Worship with us
Masses, Services, Sacraments
One Parish, One Family
Monday through Friday: 8:15 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8:15 a.m.
Saturday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:15, 9:00, 11:15 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Holy Day Mass Schedule
(For weekday Holy Days of Obligation – this does not apply to Christmas and Easter)
8:15 a.m., 12:00 noon and 7:00 p.m.
Check the bulletin and website for Vigil Mass times.
Monday through Friday: 4:45 to 5:15 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 to 9:30 a.m. and 3:45 to 4:45 p.m.
(or by appointment)
Parish Center Hours
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
We will still have Confessions at the regularly scheduled times. We will have a simple Stations-of-the-Cross service each Friday during March at 7:00 p.m. However, we will not be serving our traditional soup meal beforehand. ALL OF THE FOLLOWING EVENTS ARE CANCELED THROUGH THE MONTH OF MARCH: -The University Series -Confirmation Classes -Friendship Sunday (Coffee & Donuts) -Children’s Liturgy of the Word -Life Night -EDGE -“Little Church” and Religious Formation -The Community Penance...